Lunchtime!
There is one lunchroom for boys and another for girls. I have been enjoying sitting with some of the girls while they eat lunch.
| Injera and wat (typical lunch)...This was just after Easter, so everyone had duro wat (chicken wat) - it is a big cultural food for Easter. |
| Some of my 3rd grade girls that I enjoy sitting with at lunch |
Class Time!
I teach 3rd and 4th grade Spoken English, 3rd grade English Tutorial, and 6th grade Math Tutorial. The tutorial classes are supplementary to their core classes. I have two 3rd grade classes (approx. 45 students each) and two 4th grade classes (approx. 35 students each). They have eight classes each day, and their schedule includes Science, Math, Wolaytania (local regional language), English, Art, Computer, Social Studies, Amharic (official language of Ethiopia), Spoken English, Music, Handwriting, Ethics, and Health & Physical Education. The students stay in their classrooms, while the teachers for each subject move from class to class. I teach a total of 3-4, 45 min. class periods each day. These are pictures from one of my 3rd grade classes.
| Teaching about alphabetical order |
| Still others think it's okay to have a dance party...and some are actually working - haha! |
No comments:
Post a Comment