"Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep." Romans 12:15

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Soddo!
Oh boy, it's been awhile since I last posted! I apologize for the delay in updates. While we were in Europe, we had limited internet access. Not to mention the fact that we stayed pretty busy :) Once we finished our trip through Europe, I arrived in Addis Ababa (capital of Ethiopia) on Sept 2. I stayed with the Salesians in Addis and Paula (my site partner) for a couple of days. Once my bags were delivered in Italy, I flew back to get them (Paula went ahead to Soddo, as planned). I left Addis on Sept 5, picked up my bags in Italy, and arrived back in Addis on Sept 7.  Later in the day on Sept 7 (yesterday), Deacon Temesgen picked me up and brought me to Soddo (approx. 5 hr drive south-west of Addis).  Upon our arrival at the Salesian’s compound, Abba, the brothers, and Paula greeted me with a “welcome song”. With tears streaming down my face from excitement and relief, I hugged each member of my new community :) I realized how much it took for me to get here, and by God’s grace and Mary’s guidance I finally made it! At last, I am in Soddo, with Paula and all of my bags!
With that said, I hope to post the following: Reflection of Orientation, Europe Reflections, Europe posts by location, First Days in Ethiopia, To Get the Bags, Thoughts of the day, and Soddo.
I love and miss you all, but am feeling excited and blessed beyond belief to be here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment