"Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep." Romans 12:15

Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Bags

Sat, 1 Sept 2012 - flew from Venice, Italy to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia by way of Istanbul, Turkey
Mon, 3 Sept 2012 - got word that upon reaching their final destination, my bags had been delivered in Venice, Italy
Wed, 5 Sept 2012 - flew from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia to Venice, Italy by way of Frankfurt, Germany
Wed, 5 Sept 2012 - got my bags (Thanks, Jonathan!)
Thurs, 6 Sept 2012 - flew overnight from Venice, Italy to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia by way of Frankfurt, Germany
Fri, 7 Sept 2012 - arrived in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, with my bags (officially my now second trip to Africa!)
Fri, 7 Sept 2012 - drove with Deacon from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia to Soddo, Ethiopia (approx. 5 hr drive)
Fri, 7 Sept 2012 - arrived in Soddo, Ethiopia!!!

September 5, 2012:
In the car on the way to the Addis airport - Sept 5

Addis Ababa

Addis Ababa

Addis Ababa airport



Plane from Addis to Frankfurt

First of many plane meals (all of which I find to be delicious...so it worked out)
Plane from Frankfurt to Venice

Ethiopian snacks I brought along for sustenance between plane meals

Frankfurt

Arriving at the Venice airport

Bags in hand

 September 6, 2012:
Breakfast at the Venice airport


The bags and I waiting for a few hours at the airport before I was allowed to check them in
Lunch at the Venice airport

One last gelato before leaving Italy for the final time
 
Leaving Venice, headed back to Addis by way of Frankfurt

Plane from Venice to Frankfurt
Plane from Frankfurt to Addis

The Alps

 September 7, 2012:
Back in Addis

In the car WITH bags

Addis Ababa

Addis Ababa

Breakfast in Addis, at the Salesian house
In the truck, on the way to Soddo

The bags were securely tarp-covered and fastened in the back of the truck

Road from Addis to Soddo

Road from Addis to Soddo

Road from Addis to Soddo

Road from Addis to Soddo

Road from Addis to Soddo (dinner along the way)

Finally in Soddo...

...complete with The Bags!!!

A huge thanks to everyone that was involved in this baggage shippage and obtainment.  I sincerely appreciate all of your help :)


2 comments:

  1. Thats the most insane luggage story Ive ever heard. SO glad you got them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you have your bags! I just noticed Paula in the first photo! It makes me so happy :)

    ReplyDelete